Friday, June 10, 2011

Mary Thoughts: May the Mind of Christ My Saviour

This is one of my very favourite hymns. I have only sung it a few times in church, but the words are so wonderfully rich. Sometimes I like to pray the lyrics. I hope it blesses you today! 

May the mind of Christ my Savior
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and pow'r controlling
  All I do and say.

May the Word of Christ dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
  Only through His pow'r.

May the peace of Christ my Savior
Rule my life in every thing,
That I may be calm to comfort
  Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me,
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
  This is victory.

May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
  As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
  Seeing only Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment