Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Marriage and Motherhood


I get to see this precious little one day in and day out. I am so privileged to be able to be home with her 24/7 and watch her grow. My heart wells up with love for her more and more. I love to go into her room in the morning and see her after being away from her all night. I just love her with all my heart!

No matter how much I love her though, she is still a sinner. We've only seen slight glimpses yet, but I'm sure we will see it in full force before long. It's important that I respond to her sin in a Christ-like way, not in kind. This is impossible in my own power! I must have the power of the Holy Spirit helping me, and thankfully I do because I have been saved and the Spirit of God lives within me. All the same, I must be putting on Godly responses instead of reacting in my flesh because I am not held in bondage to sin anymore! Everyday I must be filling myself up with His Word so that my thoughts are on God and His ways. I desperately want to be the best mommy I can be to this precious little blue eyed girlie. Notice I said best, not perfect. I don't want to try and be a perfect mom, I want her to see my sin and then see me confess, repent and change. I want to instill the marvelous truths of God and His marvelous plan for the world in her heart and mind and then watch as the Lord opens her little heart to His ways and works. I am so glad He is in control of that and not me because I would be so stressed if it was up to me to convince her to believe in the Gospel! I am content to trust in the Lord on that account. 

Even though most of my days are spent holding, talking to, changing, feeding, dressing, laughing with, teaching, reading to, and watching this little one, I need to remember that my role as wife comes before my role as mother. Am I loving my husband? Am I submitting to him? When Aaron and my marriage take precedence over Brielle, she will feel secure because she knows her mommy and daddy are committed to each other for life. We love our daughter so very much. But not more than we love each other. 

Anna

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! And she is precious! THanks for this reminder I needed it! :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete