Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Days Four, Five and Six

Okay, so I'm not doing so well at keeping up with this Thankfulness thing. But I do have to report that I did think each day about what I was thankful for. I just didn't tell you all about it! So I'm going to combine my three missed days into one so that we can catch up!

Source: 20x200.com via Anna on Pinterest

Day Four:

I'm thankful for morning sickness turned all day sickness. Yes that seems like a strange thing to be thankful for, but every time I feel sick I remember that my little precious Pixie is healthy and growing. The nausea is certainly not pleasant and I would rather not feel sick, but the daily and moment-by-moment reminder that my baby is healthy is something I praise God for! (I also thank God for mint tea and peppermints to help me feel better!)

Day Five:

I'm thankful for the blessing of the freedom we experience in America. Aaron and I attended a Secret Church gathering. It simulated the type of meeting people in closed countries experience when they meet for worship. We listened for seven hours to David Platt speak on family, marriage and sex, beginning at 7 PM and ending at 2 AM. It was incredible and very worth it. During that time we also prayed for the persecuted church and so today I am grateful for the freedom we have to go to church in broad daylight.

Day Six:

Today I am grateful for many things but I'll single it down to one: surprises. A friend of ours who lives in Washington state (who was also in our wedding) sent me a box of goodies that he had heard I was craving. It completely surprised both Aaron and I, and so today we are very grateful for surprises.

Love,
Anna

Listening to O Love That Will Not Let Me Go by Indelible Grace Music

1 comment:

  1. Surprises in the mail always make me smile too! Like yesterday I got an iTunes gift card from a family in our church... for no reason, but it made my day =)

    ReplyDelete