Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sister-Friends

Once upon a time, I went on a trip with some people from my church and some people from Pastor John Piper's church to help out the people in Pearlington, Mississippi with cleanup from Hurricane Katrina. The half from my church had never met the half from Bethlehem Baptist. We had some awkward first moments but the group pretty much hit it off right from the beginning. I'd like to tell you about one of my dear friends that I met as a result of those two groups coming together.



Her name is Ruthiey. She's quiet when you first meet her, but she has a radiant smile and a delightful laugh that immediately draw you in. She has these lovely eyes that smile all the time. But the greatest thing about Ruthiey? She's an encourager. I never fail to leave a conversation with her without a smile, a lighter step and most definitely an encouraged heart. She always seems to know what to say, what questions to ask, what answers to give in even the stickiest and most unusual of circumstances.



That's not all either! She's very genuine. When you're with her, you never feel like you're with a perfect person because she's honest about her struggles, that life isn't all daises and rainbows and she pairs that wonderfully with the hope the God offers in all of our daily lives. She doesn't just share about her struggles but how she's actively overcoming those struggles with the help of the Holy Spirit. Ruthiey isn't just talk, she gets up and works to change to become more conformed to Christ.

I can't tell you how much of an encouragement, comfort and inspiration this girl is to me. She's simply wonderful. I am so grateful to God for placing her in my life. I love you, Ruthiey girl!
While you're reading my blog, go check our her blog: Color My Life With Love .

Love,
Anna

Listening to Owl City's Halcyon (Pacman)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you make me cry. Seriously. I don't know what to say. I love you!! You encourage ME so much! I have to say, you're definitely oversharing on the good aspects of my personality. :) PLEASE COME VISIT ME SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Anna! The couple times I've been around Ruthiey she's filled the room with her warm joyful spirit-I've been inspired by Miss Ruthiey to laugh more, love more, and most of all, follow Jesus more closely.

    And guess what? You inspire me in that way too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna:
    Thanks for signing my guest book!
    I followed you :) Will you follow me in return? Please :)

    ReplyDelete