Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Martha Thoughts: In The Kitchen

I'm going to share a cake recipe that I got from my Nana. Every time my family would make the 10-hour drive out to Denver, Colorado, this ultra moist cake would be awaiting us in her immaculate kitchen. As my family expanded, she had to make two cakes for everyone to have some! Once I got married, I discovered that my husband prefers coffee style cakes over cakes with frosting, so I determined to get my Nana's recipe. After the very first bite, Aaron was instantly a fan! Here it is:

Ingredients:
  • 4 bars (1.55 oz each) Hershey chocolate bars
  • yellow cake mix
  • 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tsp. powdered sugar
Spray and flour Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break up Hershey bars into small pieces. Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until thick and smooth. Fold in chocolate and pour into Bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Leave in pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto rack to cool completely. Shake powdered sugar on top. Enjoy! 

PS - This cake simply begs to be eaten with a glass of milk! 

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment